NeXt!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Galactic Empires Mobile App neXt Alliance Page. Use Guest01 as both username and password if you are not registered (or just register).

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

More def thougts

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mav40121
Admin
Admin
Mav40121

More def thougts Empty
PostSubject: More def thougts   More def thougts EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 8:29 pm

Which def to build?
Mav, you convinced me to build def, and I want it to cost the opponent, so I am going to build 100PT!Do this and die.As a large player I will now launch 10lf at you repeatedly to kill all your pt then continue to farm you and you will say “but mav said…”Mav said that if you could make attacking you unprofitable then you are relatively safe (unless you piss someone off…something I do regularly).Just as I broke down the ship cost comparison, here is a cost comparison using 1pt as the base: 107.5rl: 95.56ll: 23.89HL: 4.43gc: 19.55ion: 1pt: 8.6ss: 1.72LS.Now ask yourself: If you were attacking someone would it bother you more if they had 10k rl or 100 pt?If you are experienced in this game you would quickly respond that the rl are far scarier…but counterable.All I have to do is build I HAVE A POOR VOCABULARY CR (or use the I HAVE A POOR VOCABULARY cr fleet mav suggested to hunt LF!)…but there is a third option: Consider 9.5k ll.There are very few bombers in this universe to date and I HAVE A POOR VOCABULARY LL are actually very scary to most players.You are still suseptable to RIP waves, but you are much safer carrying ll than with either rl or pt. Combine the two approaches by building 5k ll and 50 pt and your overnight res is pretty well safe.I realize that I am ignoring 3 of the def structures and each of these does have a place in a well balanced def, but that is a topic for another day.This conversation was just my opinion of making your overnight res safe.As a last thought, always build both shields no matter what, even if you build 0 def.This prevents pure trannie or trannie plus lf raids.
Back to top Go down
https://next.forumotion.com
Mav40121
Admin
Admin
Mav40121

More def thougts Empty
PostSubject: Stupid censor   More def thougts EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 8:31 pm

Which def to build?
Mav, you convinced me to build def, and I want it to cost the opponent, so I am going to build 100PT!Do this and die.As a large player I will now launch 10lf at you repeatedly to kill all your pt then continue to farm you and you will say “but mav said…”Mav said that if you could make attacking you unprofitable then you are relatively safe (unless you piss someone off…something I do regularly).Just as I broke down the ship cost comparison, here is a cost comparison using 1pt as the base: 107.5rl: 95.56ll: 23.89HL: 4.43gc: 19.55ion: 1pt: 8.6ss: 1.72LS.Now ask yourself: If you were attacking someone would it bother you more if they had 10k rl or 100 pt?If you are experienced in this game you would quickly respond that the rl are far scarier…but counterable.All I have to do is build mass CR (or use the mass cr fleet mav suggested to hunt LF!)…but there is a third option: Consider 9.5k ll.There are very few bombers in this universe to date and mass LL are actually very scary to most players.You are still suseptable to RIP waves, but you are much safer carrying ll than with either rl or pt. Combine the two approaches by building 5k ll and 50 pt and your overnight res is pretty well safe.I realize that I am ignoring 3 of the def structures and each of these does have a place in a well balanced def, but that is a topic for another day.This conversation was just my opinion of making your overnight res safe.As a last thought, always build both shields no matter what, even if you build 0 def.This prevents pure trannie or trannie plus lf raids.
Back to top Go down
https://next.forumotion.com

More def thougts
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
NeXt! :: General GE Advice-
Jump to: